Skills-Building Sessions To Offer Attendees Leadership and Career Advancement Tools
NEW YORK, NY, April 26, 2020 /24-7PressRelease/ — Take The Lead (https://www.taketheleadwomen.com) and Luminary (https://www.luminary-nyc.com) today announced the launch of “The Power to Take The Lead,” a series of three Zoom-based workshops for women who are entrepreneurs, employees of large organizations or who are in a career transition. The three-hour interactive sessions are scheduled for April 30th, May 12th and June 9th. Attendees can take all three for $375 or any one for $150. Register at https://bit.ly/2KcvVei.
Taught by Gloria Feldt, the co-founder and president of Take The Lead, a non-profit dedicated to achieving gender equality, and Surabhi Lal, chief impact officer at Luminary, a women’s collaboration hub focused on providing professional development opportunities for its members, the workshops will enhance and develop women’s leadership skills.
“In response to women’s urgent requests for training around career success – which has increased exponentially during this sudden pandemic – Take The Lead and Luminary partnered to create this workshop series that specifically addressed their requests,” says Feldt, who has taught dozens of remote classes as a professor at Arizona State University and with Take The Lead. “Based on our extensive experience, we thoughtfully designed the series to offer practical, relevant learnings that attendees can immediately use to achieve their professional goals in a time when standard practices have so dramatically changed.”
Participants will learn:
• A new definition of power and a theory of leadership that energizes, increasing confidence, intention, authenticity, joy and the value brought to the organization;
• How to overcome culturally learned barriers to success with intentionality and self-advocacy;
• Exercises that form a coherent boost for morale and career.
“Understanding leadership and power is essential for women as they navigate their careers. We are going to delve into these subjects in detail to ensure that we provide long-term substantive learnings,” says Lal, who draws from her extensive facilitation experience. “The paradigm has shifted and our workshops will offer fresh thinking that addresses the times in which we are living, and beyond.”
The Power to Lead Information & Schedules
Each workshop will focus on a specific theme.
April 30th, 1 PM-3 PM: Carpe the Chaos and Thrive
Learn and practice five techniques to capture the energy of chaos, disruption and even crisis and use it to advance your goals. Find out how to:
• See the potential for new solutions
• Look with different eyes
• Maintain an optimistic mindset
• Be a change leader instead of being buffeted by change
• Understand your own vulnerable spots in chaotic situations and manage through them
May 12th, 5:30 PM-8:30PM: The Three Powers of Leadership Intention: Vision, Courage, Action
Harness your power and set your intention with this interactive and hands-on session. Learn:
• A new way of identifying and embracing your power that will energize you
• The Three Powers of Leadership Intention as a framework for professional advancement
• The difference between ambition and intention and why intentionality is a defining characteristic of the most successful people
• The unique points of power you bring to your career and the power relations that can help propel you to achieve your goals
• Practices that will enable you to elevate your intentions and accelerate your career with confidence and joy
June 9th, 5:30 PM-8:30 PM: Your Power Journey
The best leaders know themselves well and this workshop will help allow you to gain deeper insight into your life:
• Diagram your life and identify those places where you learned the most, had to pivot the most quickly, and what you learned from each
• Identify your high and low points
• Map the defining moments that make you unique as a human being and a leader
Luminary is New York City’s premier collaboration hub – a first of its kind – for women and women-identified who are passionate about professional development and expanding their networks. We are defining a new category and reimagining a space for women-identified with an emphasis on investing in self-development, wellness, flexibility and giving back. Members have access to a vibrant space and a vast ecosystem of services, offerings and perks. Luminary is a diverse collective of women focused on fostering meaningful relationships. Learn more about its membership opportunities here – https://www.luminary-nyc.com/individual-memberships.
About Gloria Feldt & Take The Lead
Co-founded by Gloria Feldt, Take The Lead is a 501 (c) (3) that prepares, develops, inspires and propels women to take their fair and equal share of leadership positions across all sectors by 2025. Feldt has been featured in many leading media outlets, including Bloomberg TV, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Ms. Magazine, Yahoo! Finance, Thrive Global and Forbes. Feldt is an in-demand speaker, with engagements at The Women in Cable Telecommunications Global Leadership Conference, The World Women Summit, 92Y Women inPower, and the Annual CUNY Leadership Conference, among others. She is the author of the bestselling “No Excuses: 9 Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power” and the host for the popular podcast, “Power To” (https://www.taketheleadwomen.com/podcast). Subscribe here for the latest news from Take The Lead: https://www.taketheleadwomen.com/email-signup. For more on Gloria Feldt, visit www.GloriaFeldt.com.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here